2016 marks the 10th year since the Spirited Awards was first launched at Tales of the Cocktail. The award recognises the best bars and bar talent from the US and around the world.
We nominated our very own Rich Woods (AKA The Cocktail Guy) for the Best International Bartender of the Year category, and we would love for you to vote for him too. There are eight days left till nominations close… so we thought we’d give you our eight reasons why we think he deserves this award:
- To quote Square Meal, he’s the ‘Drink Industry’s answer to Heston Blumenthal’ – his cocktails sound crazy BUT taste AMAZING.
- He’s all about balance – no ingredient overshadowing the other. Who would have thought Blue Cheese and Chocolate Martini would work? Get the balance right and you have a winner on your hands and this cocktail won him first place in the UK and Ireland heat for Bombay Sapphire’s ‘World’s Most Imaginative Bartender’ competition.
- Rich is definitely at the forefront of bridging the gap between the food and liquid worlds. He loves using ingredients that can be found in the kitchen. Our favourite hands down is the Roasted Cosmo that includes a bone marrow infusion.
- His personalised Nutella Negroni got everyone talking earlier this year.
- His avant-garde approach to mixology keeps the industry exciting. We’re always looking forward to seeing what he’s next got up his sleeves.
- His monthly menus are innovative and creative. Right now it’s all about vegetables with cocktails including Parsnip, Roasted Red Pepper, Celeriac, Carrots, Beetroot, Artichoke and Kale.
- His twist on the classic Gin & Tonic using sugar snap peas is award worthy.
- He has a pretty awesome beard. His beard deserves an award of its own!
Have we convinced you yet? Vote Here.